Thursday 12 February 2015

Case 1: Every murderer makes a mistake

A murder has occurred in a small town near by a police station at 3.00 AM. The police got a mysterious call at 3.15 AM stating that a murder has occurred. 

You are inspector Jack, who attended the phone call and as you are held up investigating another crime, you send a constable(who is in rounds in a place nearby the town) to the spot to collect the necessary details about the crime. After finishing your work, you reach the crime spot at 10.00 AM. The following details are available to you: 

Constable: Sir (Salutes), as soon as I came here at 3.30AM, there were 4 people roaming near the house where crime has taken place. They looked suspicious to me. Inside the house, the following were found:
  1. Opened window which has a size big enough to let a man pass through it from outside.
  2. An used bandage on the table which must have fallen from the murderer's body and suspect A has a pale skin in elbow signifying a bandage has been recently removed from his elbow.
  3. A broken chair at the corner of the room having few drops of blood at the edge. The murdered must have attacked the victim with this chair.
  4. A left leg shoe under the bed. The right pair of this shoe was found in suspect C's house.
  5. A knife with bloodstain placed inside a novel between pages thirty-five and thirty-six, the finger print on the knife matches with that of suspect B.
  6. Suspect D is a woman, she has no reason to be here at the time I arrived. When I inquired the neighbors, they said that she is her sister, i.e., the dad's second wife's daughter. And both fight each other for property.
You: The blood in knife and chair belong to the victim?

Constable: Yes sir.

Suspect A: Sir, I am a farmer. I live in the next street. I didn't get sleep so I decided to go for a walk. On my way, this constable started asking me questions. I know nothing about what has happened inside. He asked me about this bandage. This is because I fell down last week and I removed bandage yesterday night itself.

Suspect B: Sir, I am cook in this house, I left the house at 8.00 PM last night, at 3.15 AM when I returned for cooking, you constable started enquiring me.


Suspect C: Good morning sir(weeps), I am uncle of sonia who has been murdered by someone. Please catch the criminal soon. He/She will be killed by my own hands sir!!

Suspect D: I have no reason to murder her. If you think I murdered her, then arrest me, I lost everything in my life. She was arguing with me about the property but I always had respect for her.


Based on the information provided, you have to arrest the criminal. There is only one criminal and using your knowledge and 12 years experience as a detective and 4 years experience as an inspector, find the criminal.

NOTE: inbox me for the answer or wait until saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment