Saturday 14 February 2015

Case 2: Virtual and vivid ambiguity

You're inspector Jack, you have 12 years experience as a detective, 4 years experience as an inspector.


You get a disturbing call from a guy who cries out, that his wife was found brutally stabbed to death, when he returned from his office. You and your team go the crime spot to find out what happened..

DAY 1:
As you enter the house where the crime has taken place you find shattered mirror pieces, a knife, blood shed all over the place.
Photos taken at crime spot:



You: Hello sir, are you the one who called me?
Jim: yes sir, my name is Jim, yesterday morning I said good-bye to her and left to office at 8.00 AM. She had been murdered by someone when I returned from office at 5.00 PM.
You: Do you suspect anyone?
Jim: Yes, my wife had an ex boyfriend, Dustin. He used to torture her over the phone. Last week even he came home with the photos my wife took with him when they were lovers and he demanded money from us. I told him to get lost.
You: (Smiles)Now I know where to go.
You see your assistant running towards
Assistant:Sir, there is one more body in the garden. The body is a stranger and a film-role type camera is along with him.
You: Send both the bodies to forensic lab and give the film role for development.

1 hour later, at Dustin(boy friend)'s house
You: Hello Dust bin!
Dustin: It's D-u-s-t-i-n !
You: Yes Dustin, did you know Jessica, you ex has been murdered yesterday. I suspect you!
Dustin: Oh no. I didn't know that. Do you have proof? I didn't kill her.
You: Sounds fair! I'll be back.

DAY 2:
Assistant: Sir, The murder must have been done after 2.30 PM according forensic lab.
The photo has been developed:
You: So this picture was taken by the stranger when the murderer killed Jessica and the murderer killed the stranger too for leaving no loose ends.
Assistant: Then why did he leave the camera behind?
You: He must have not know that the stranger had a camera. The murderer must have been in a hurry to escape.
You: Ask Jim and Dustin to come here for an enquiry.

2 hours later
You: Jim, I am going to ask you few questions.
Jim: Yes sir.
You: Is there proof that you were in office from 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM  on the day murder took place?
Jim: yes, my office log book, CCTV in office.
You: you may go.

You: Dustin, Where were you at 3.00 PM on the day of murder?
Dustin: I was sleeping in my house.
You: you may go.

DAY 3
You: I want you to take photos of Jim and Dustin without their knowledge, when they eat or drink something.
Assistant: yes sir!

2 hours later
Assistant: Here are the photos, sir:
You: Small details are more important. Comparing all the photos we have so far, I found the criminal!

One among the two is the criminal, using your observation skill, find the criminal.

NOTE: Inbox me for answer or wait until next saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment